9 famous Australian business women and what makes them unique
Australia has a long and proud history of female entrepreneurs. Women have always played a vital role in the country's economy, and today there are more women than
Australia has a long and proud history of female entrepreneurs. Women have always played a vital role in the country's economy, and today there are more women than ever before starting businesses and achieving success. Women have made great strides in achieving success in the business world, with many famous Australian business women leading the way. Here are 10 famous Australian businesswomen and what makes them unique:
1. Naomi Simson: She is the founder and CEO of RedBalloon, an online gift company based in Australia. She has been named one of the top 10 most successful Australian entrepreneurs and her business has won numerous awards. What sets her apart is her commitment to giving back to the community, such as providing mentoring and support for other female entrepreneurs. Naomi has also been a guest speaker at many notable conferences and events, inspiring other businesswomen.
2. Leslie Gillespie - Founder of Bakers Delight
Leslie Gillespie is the founder of Bakers Delight, one of Australia’s leading bakeries. She has an impressive background in the food industry and is an advocate for healthy eating. Leslie has been recognised for her work in promoting a healthier lifestyle and was presented with the Order of Australia in 2017. She is a passionate advocate for sustainable food and has made Bakers Delight an environmentally conscious business.
3. Katie Page – CEO of Harvey Norman Holdings Ltd: A well-known businesswoman, she is credited as being the key to success for one of Australia’s largest retail chains, Harvey Norman. Sharpness in planning is an attribute that makes her famous. She is also a famous philanthropist, having donated millions to charity over the years.
4. Sarina Russo – founder of JobAccess: Sarina is an inspirational businesswoman and entrepreneur, who created a national workforce development program in Australia called JobAccess. She always focused on helping people improve their lives through better employment opportunities, which led to her success. Her vision and dedication to her cause are what sets her apart.
5. Melanie Perkins – CEO of Canva: Melanie is an ambitious and innovative businesswoman, who founded Canva in 2012. Canva is an online graphic design platform that has become one of the fastest-growing companies in Australia. Her passion and drive to succeed is what sets her apart. She has been credited for revolutionizing the way people design materials online and creating a powerful platform that is now used by millions of people around the world.
6. Lorna Jane Clarkson – founder of Lorna Jane: Lorna is one of Australia’s most famous entrepreneurs, having created a multi-million dollar empire with her activewear brand, Lorna Jane. The fitness brand has become famous worldwide and has been highly successful. She is an inspiration to many female entrepreneurs, and her success is attributed to her passion for health and fitness and her commitment to creating fashionable apparel that makes people feel confident.
7. Naomi Milgrom – CEO of Sussan Corporation: Naomi is an inspiring businesswoman and philanthropist, who has been credited with transforming Sussan Corporation into one of Australia’s most successful retail companies. Sussan Corporation has more than 400 stores throughout Australia and over 1,200 employees. She is well-known for her innovation and creativity, which have enabled her to drive the company’s growth.
8. Carol Schwartz - Chair of the Trawalla Foundation and the Women’s Leadership Institute Australia
As Chair of the Trawalla Foundation and the Women’s Leadership Institute Australia, she has created a variety of practical solutions, including the Pathways to Politics Program for Women, The Panel Pledge and the Women For Media Database. Throughout her career, Carol has been consistently advocating for women in leadership positions - particularly in relation to business, politics, and media. Carol is also the Founding Chair of Our Community, a member of the Harvard Kennedy School’s Women’s Leadership Board, and the Global Institute for Women’s Leadership Advisory Board at Kings College.
9. Kayla Itsines – founder of Sweat: Kayla is an inspiring businesswoman and entrepreneur, who created the famous fitness program Sweat. Her success is attributed to her dedication to helping people transform their lives through health and fitness. She has published multiple books and created an online training platform that has been used by millions of people around the world. She is an inspiration for many female entrepreneurs, who strive to create their own success.
What can we learn from these famous Australian business women?
These famous Australian businesswomen have achieved great success through hard work, passion and dedication. They are inspiring role models for young entrepreneurs who want to make their mark in the business world. Through their example, these famous women of business demonstrate the importance of innovation, strategic thinking, and commitment to a goal. They also show us the value of giving back to our communities and the power of collaboration. Ultimately, these famous Australian businesswomen demonstrate that with determination and focus, anything is possible.
Inspirations are everywhere, we just have to be open to them and willing to learn. When we draw inspiration from famous Australian businesswomen, we can develop the tools and strategies needed to become successful in our own businesses. By following these famous examples, we can strive for success and make an impact in our own lives and the lives of others.
So join a local businesswomen's group and start attending events regularly. This will provide you an opportunity to connect with other women who are also in business, share ideas, collaborate on projects, and get advice from those who have more experience.
Mums & Co
Mums & Co can provide an amazing online platform to get advice, support and mentorship from experienced female entrepreneurs. On the Mums & Co platform, you can access a variety of resources, including advice from industry leaders, curated articles and events. This platform is a great place for female entrepreneurs to find the guidance they need in order to achieve success in their businesses.
You don't have to walk this journey alone, join other mumbitious entrepreneurs and businesswomen and make your dreams come true. With the help of famous Australian businesswomen, you can launch yourself into success and make a difference in your life and the lives of others. Take a leaf out of famous Australian businesswomen's books, and start your journey to success today.